Do you have your drains professionally cleaned on a regular basis? If you’re like the average homeowner, your answer is probably a resounding “no.” We get it—it’s a seemingly unnecessary service from the perspective of anyone outside of the plumbing industry, but we can assure you that this really is an essential service.
Drain cleaning is a service that can make or break your plumbing system. You might think that you can keep any clog or drain problems at bay with a little over the counter chemical drain cleaner, but this is untrue. Not only are these drain cleaners terrible for your plumbing system, they really don’t do a great job of cleaning your plumbing system. If you’re looking for great plumbing services in Frederick, MD then we can do the job for you.
What to Look Out For
These are the signs that you need to call our team for professional drain cleaning.
- Standing Water: Notice that your toes are pruning after taking a shower? This is an odd occurrence that really shouldn’t happen. Standing water is a sign that you’re having a problem with a slow drain. Standing water in your shower, washing machine, or sink shows that your draining problems have really become drastic. If you notice that this is a common problem in your home, contact a plumber sooner than later.
- Foul Odors: Your drains shouldn’t smell foul. If you’re washing your hands and you smell the sewer, your drains aren’t functioning the way that they should. This is a sign that you might have a sewage backup within some portion of your pipes. We’re rounding out winter now, but this problem can accelerate and worsen when the temperatures rise. If this is a problem you’re having now, make sure you contact our team sooner than later.
- Slow Draining: Does it seem like your sink takes forever to empty? Make sure to take note of these things in your washing machine, kitchen sink, and bathroom sinks. The drainage system in your home should be far from sluggish. A drain cleaning is a great way fortify your system and prevent a clog.
- Fruit Flies: This is one sign of drain trouble that we really like to underscore because the connection to a failing plumbing system isn’t always obvious. Fruit flies are an annoyance and sometimes it seems like they’ve accumulated overnight in your home. If you’ve cleared your countertops and cleaned your kitchen but you still see fruit flies, it’s more than likely that they’re attracted to the food waste building up in your drain.
- Odd Noises: Your plumbing system really isn’t an aspect of your home that should be too audible. If you’re heating gurgling, bubbling, banging, or sloshing sounds it’s a great idea to contact a professional plumber because you have a significant draining issue.
If you need a drain cleaning in your home, don’t try to cut any corners! Contact Mallick Plumbing & Heating today to schedule an appointment. We’re experts and we can meet all your plumbing needs!