Many problems can be avoided if we’d just take the time to figure out what causes them and prevent it from happening. For instance, many plumbing problems happen because the issues that led to them were ignored. This often results in a plumbing issue that would have only required a bit of simple and inexpensive maintenance developing into a huge problem that requires expensive repairs. That’s why it’s so important that homeowners and businesses take preventative plumbing services seriously. Stopping plumbing problems before they start can save you a lot of time, money, and headaches down the road.
What Are Preventative Plumbing Services?
Preventative plumbing services are annual inspections, maintenance, and repairs that are performed to make sure your plumbing system avoids breakdowns and continues to run smoothly. Preventative plumbing services generally involve inspecting your plumbing system’s components, identifying any underlying issues, and making minor repairs to prevent those issues from developing into more complex and expensive problems.
Preventative plumbing services often involve checking the following components:
- Tubs and showers
- Water heaters
- Sump pumps
- Septic tanks
- Emergency shut-offs
Tips for Spotting Plumbing Problems Early
If you’re not a professional plumber, catching plumbing problems early isn’t easy. However, if you know what you’re looking for, you’d be surprised how often you can spot a plumbing issue before it develops into a larger problem. The following are a tips for spotting plumbing issues before they become expensive problems:
- Check for leaks. This includes checking your indoor and outdoor faucets, fixtures, pipes, and hoses for leaks. In addition, you should check your appliances, such as your refrigerator, dishwasher, and washing machine for leaks. Also, check your toilets, bathtubs, sinks, and water heaters for leaks. Leaks can be sneaky. The leak may not be active when you check. You should also look for signs that a leak has occurred, like water stains or puddles of water.
- Keep an eye out for drain problems. This doesn’t just mean clogged drains or toilets, but also slow drains. Generally, slow drains are the sign of a developing clog, which can be a relatively simple fix. However, if you have multiple slow drains, that could be the sign of a more serious problem. You could have a problem with your main sewer line, septic tank, or something else within your plumbing system.
- Check your water pressure. You can check your water pressure with a pressure gauge. Low water pressure can lead to inconveniences, such as issues when you take showers or wash the dishes. When water pressure is too high, it can lead to more severe problems, like leaks and burst pipes.
Benefits of Our Preventative Maintenance Plan
For over 25 years, Mallick Plumbing & Heating has been providing residential and commercial customers in Gaithersburg and other surrounding areas with top-notch plumbing and heating services they can count on. Our technicians are licensed, insured, honest, knowledgeable, skilled, and reliable. Our customers and their best interests are always our top priority, which is why we offer our customers the opportunity to sign up for our preventative maintenance plan.
Our maintenance plan is a cost-effective way to ensure that your home’s preventative maintenance needs are met on time and in full. The preventative plumbing services that our maintenance plan covers include the following and more:
- 79-point inspection of your plumbing system
- Check exposed cold and hot water lines
- Check water for chlorine, pH, iron, and hardness onsite
- Dye test all toilets
- Check all faucets, washing machine hoses, and fixtures for leaks
To learn more about Mallick Plumbing & Heating, check out our customers’ reviews.
For more information about preventative plumbing services, or to sign up for our maintenance plan, give us a call at (301) 804-6759 or contact us online today to speak with our experienced plumbers. When you contact us, ask about our special offers and financing options. We’re available 24/7 for plumbing emergencies.